Halloween Gala Bangor 16 – 18 November 2012
Twelve Sliabh Beagh swimmers attended this gala. They swam in events ranging from 50m to 400m. All swimmers achieved Personal Best times in some or all of their events. The standard was high and the speed witnessed by the spectators in all events was very impressive. Medals were collected by several swimmers but most were chasing PB’s and closing in on or obtaining qualifying times for the next level of competition.
The overall objective is to achieve qualifying times for the National Competitions in the summer. Getting these early is the best policy. For some they are close and for others they will just have to chip away at the times over the next 3 months to achieve them. This is very possible and will be attained with plenty of time left to focus on returning great swims and further improvement of time in these events.
The results were as follows:
Session 1 (Friday night)
- Ciaran O’Mordha 200 Freestyle 2.22.51, 100 Breaststroke 1.26.45
- Alexandra Germain 200 Freestyle 2.41.10
- Jordan McShane 100 Breaststroke 1.34.88
Session 2 and 3 (Saturday):
- Nathan Shields 100m Backcrawl 1.14.01, 400 Freestyle 5.15.19
- Colin Gorman 200 Breaststroke 3.18.20, 100m Butterfly 1.28.20
- Jordan McShane 200 Breaststroke 3.20.19, 50 Freestyle 33.30, 50 Breaststroke 43.60.
Session 4 (Sunday):
- Caolan McGee 200m Backstroke 2.31.95, 100 Freestyle 1.03.28,
- Claragh McGahon 200m Backstroke 2.58.20, 100m Freestyle 1.14.55,100 IM 1.32.88,
- Oisin Young 200m Backstroke 2.45.10, 100IM 1.22.07, Shauna McGahon 200m Backstroke 2.47.10, 100 Freestyle 1.07.00, 100 IM 1.21.94,
- Jamie Sheridan 100 Freestyle 1.07.10,50 Butterfly 35.87,100 IM 1.22.49,
- Orla Young 100m Freestyle 1.10.51, 100m IM 1.23.67
- Caoimhe Quinn 100m Freestyle 1.14.66, 50 Butterfly 42.32,100 IM 1.32.24
- Jordan McShane 1.12.66, 50 Butterfly 39.74, 100 IM 1.24.82
The photograph is of some of the swimmers who attended on Sunday last.
FOREST FEAST AQUASPRINT GALA
This Saturday 24th November sees the start of the Forest Feast Junior Aquasprint league. Our first gala will be a home gala against Breffni Swimming Club, Cavan.T eam sheets have been posted on the Sliabh Beagh notice board at Coral Leisure Centre. Warm up for Saturday’s Gala will be 6 o’ clock. We would ask that all team members be at the pool in good time. Can we remind swimmers to wear their Sliabh Beagh swimming hat and polo shirt. This gala cannot run without the assistance of parents. We would like to take this opportunity to thank parents who have already signed the job allocation sheet. Parents who have yet to sign please do so as soon as possible. Parents please remember to take sandwiches, cakes and healthy snacks for refreshments after the gala. Good luck to all our swimmers for Saturdays Gala and the emphasis should always be on swimming well and having fun.
This Saturday 24th we will also be holding an internal gala for our Development Squad, Junior Aqua swimmers and Social squad. Swimmers are reminded that this gala will commence at 5 pm and conclude at 6 pm. All swimmers to be at the pool for 4.45pm.
ULSTER SECONDARY SCHOOLS GALA
This weekend is also busy for the secondary level swimmers. The Ulster Secondary Schools gala will be held Friday 23rd to Saturday 24th November on Ballymena. Good luck to all of you.
Other events on the horizon are the Development Gala in Castlereagh, Belfast on the 8/12/12 and the N&M Invitational sprint gala on the 16/12/12. A club record gala will be held before Christmas if the schedule permits (probably Saturday 22/12/12).
Sliabh Beagh Swimming Club wishes to offer sincere condolences to Sorcha & Lorcan Deery and family on the recent death of their aunt Bridget Deery. May she rest in peace.
Swim Ireland are proposing to hold a CPD workshop for women in swimming in Monaghan on the 9/12/12. If you are interested in attending forward you name to Eamon O’Hara 087 2110424 or email email@example.com.
50M POOL SESSION
The next 50m Pool session in Magherafelt is on Sunday the 9/12/12 from 1 to 3 pm. Give you name to Claire to ensure you have a place at the session.
Fees are now due, please contact Tommy or Claire. If you have already paid, thank you.