Club Coaching Staff: Roles and Responsibilities
The following general points apply:
- All teaching staff and club Officials are members of Swim Ireland and have submitted completed Officials’ Registration, Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics Forms. All coaches and teachers are required to hold a current ASTCI membership.
- No coach is permitted to coach alone i.e. there must always be another adult present. This adult may be a lifeguard, parent or a swimmer 18 years or over.
- There should be at least one ASA Teacher or equivalent present during all coaching sessions.
Roles And Responsibilities
- ASA Full Teacher (or equivalent) is permitted to teach groups of up to twenty swimmers (more are allowed with sufficient helpers)
- ASA Assistant Teacher (or equivalent) is permitted to assist in the teaching of a group of up to eight swimmers under the supervision of a qualified teacher or above.
- Parent Helpers (registered and insured with Swim Ireland) are allowed to help a teacher or above on poolside with the co-ordination of a group of swimmers and recording of information/times, etc., and the arrangement of equipment.