Swim Ulster Development 3 Meet
Sliabh Beagh Swim Club works hard to nurture our swimmers through the progression of swim competitions starting with Aqua Sprint competitions and then progressing up to Swim Ulster Development competitions. These are for children who are relatively new to competitions, and are working on their technique and getting used to competitions. Saturday was the 3rd Development Gala of the season in Lisburn, where 13 of our swimmers really showed that they were ready for this gala. Across the board in every competition we saw personal best times, with huge drops in times. There was a tremendous effort by every swimmer to work on specific skills and this came to fruition throughout the races.
The following swimmers competed in races outlined below.
- Kate Bowden: 200 Breast, 100 Free PB
- James Campbell: 200 Free PB, 100 Fly PB
- Matthew Comiskey: 200 Free first place, 100 Fly PB, 100 Breast, first place and Division 2 time.
- Ruadhan Curran: 200 Back, 100 Breast PB and SU Qualifying time.
- Aoife Duffy: 100 Back PB
- Niamh Lavelle: 200 IM PB, 100 Free PB
- Emma Mc Elvanney: 200 Breast PB, 100 Back, 100 Free
- Sheenagh Mc Kenna: 100 IM PB, 100 Back PB, 200 IM PB, 100 Free PB
- Hazel Mc Morrow: 200 Breast PB, 100 Back
- Deirdre O Harte: 100 Back third place, 100 Free third place.
- Caolan Roberts: 200 Free PB, 100 Fly third place, 200 Back PB
- Cliona Sheridan: 100 IM third place, 200 Breast PB, 100 Back PB
- Katie Treanor: 100 IM PB, 200 Breast, 100 Back
Swim Ulster Valentines Meet.
This gala takes place from 13th to 15th February in Bangor. It is a Long Course Meet and will be the last opportunity for swimmers to gain qualifying times for the Ulster Age Group Championship at the end of March.
Aquasprint Home Gala
The next Aquasprint Gala takes place in Coral leisure this Saturday 31st January. Warm up at 5pm. As we are the host team parents will need to bring refreshments, sandwiches, cakes, crisps and healthy snacks. Looking forward to a great Gala! Please check club notice board for parents rota. Thanking you all in advance for your help at the gala.
Expression of sympathy.
The committee would like to express sympathy to our sponsor Barry Healy on the recent sad loss of his father Timothy Francis Healy. May he rest in peace.