Fourteen Sliabh Beagh swimmers attend this gala in Larne on Sunday last. Every swimmer returned a personal best time. Our swimmers put in very strong performances which showed character and determination. From a technical perspective there was an improvement in turn speed, stroke quality and starts. Work still needs to be done by the coaches with the swimmers on transitions from one stroke to another in the IM events and also the backstroke approach prior to the turn.
Overall however it is great to see the swimmers starting to analyse their performance and to then try to correct things, even when under pressure in competition during their next event that very day. Well done everyone. It must be remembered that the vast majority of these swimmers last Sunday are under 12 years of age.
The following are the results from this gala for Sliabh Beagh swimmers.
- 400M Freestyle – Caoimhe Quinn, 6.56.32; Lorcan Roberts, 7.40.78; Colin Gorman, 6.16.63. 100M Backcrawl – Caoimhe Quinn, 1.33.00; Claragh McGahon, 1.33.13; Alison Gorman, 2.01.95; Emer Sheridan, 1.40.88; Jessica Donoghue, 1.36.36; Sean McKenna, 1.39.38; Dara Quinn, 1.39.98; Ben Sheridan, 1.46.59; Conor Comiskey, 1.51.63; Cillian McGahon, 1.51.93; Lorcan Roberts, 1.53.79; Colin Gorman, 1.37.53; Jamie Sheridan, 1.27.82; Oran McGee, 1.35.84;
- 200M Individual Medley – Claragh McGahon, 3.34.07; Caoimhe Quinn, 3.34.27; Sean McKenna, 3.15.32; Conor Comiskey, 3.48.97; Ben Sheridan, 3.55.76; Jamie Sheridan, 3.14.65; Oran McGee, 3.17.80;
- 200M Breaststroke – Emer Sheridan 3.46.19; 200M Butterfly – Colin Gorman, 3.37.36; 50M Freestyle – Dara Quinn, 41.87; Matthew Comiskey, 53.72;
- 50M Breaststroke – Matthew Comiskey, 1.02.06;
- 100M IM – Caoimhe Quinn, 1.41.76; Claragh McGahon, 1.42.64; Alison Gorman, 2.05.36; Conor Comiskey, 1.49.86; Dara Quinn, 1.52.14; Cillian McGahon, 2.00.54; Jamie Sheridan, 1.30.39; Oran McGee, 1.33.36.
Medals were collected at this gala by Caoimhe Quinn, Claragh McGahon, Sean McKenna, Colin Gorman, Jamie Sheridan.