Last weekend 10 of our swimmers attended the Leinster Divison 1 Championships in the NAC, Dublin. Many of them obtained Personal Bests (PBs) and gained qualifying times for the upcoming All Ireland Championships Division 1 (Dublin) and Division 2 (Limerick).
The results from the gala were as followed:
- Leon Campbell: 200 Free, PB; 100 Fly PB.
- Connor Comiskey: 200 Back, Div1 Time; 200 IM, PB; 100 Breast, Div1 time; 100 Back; 1500 Free, 1st place
- Colin Gorman: 100 Free, Div1 time; 200 IM.
- Eoghan Keenan: 200 IM; 200 Free, PB; 100 Fly, PB.
- Caoimhe Leonard: 100 Breast; 200 Breast; 100 Back, PB.
- Caragh Leonard: 400 Free, PB; 100 Fly, PB.
- Shauna McGahon: 400 Free; 400 IM, 3rd place; 100 Free; 200 IM, PB; 200 Fly, PB placing 2nd.
- Claragh McGahon: 1500 massive PB placing 1st, getting Div1 time; 400 Free, PB placing 3rd; 100 Free, PB; 200 IM, PB 3rd; 200 Back 2nd PB; 200 Fly, PB placing 2nd; 100 Back, PB.
- Lorcan Roberts: 100 Breast, PB; 100 Back.
- Nathan Shields: 400 Free; 400 IM, 1st place; 100 Free, PB; 200 Back, 3rd place; 200 IM, PB; 200 Free; 200 Breast.
Well done everyone!
Aqua Sprint Team Make Division 2 Final
The Sliabh Beagh Aqua Sprint Team will travel to Banbridge this Friday, 5th June, for the Division 2 Aqua Sprint Final. This is a three-way final between Cookstown, Lorgan and ourselves, Sliabh Beagh. Aquasprint T-shirt and club hat must be worn. Warm-up is in Banbridge @7pm. As always, we encourage supporters to design colourful posters/banners to help cheer on their team. There will be a job rota for the parents to help out in the gala. Best of luck all!