Sliabh Beagh were represented by in this gala by a large number of swimmers from different squads. There are reported on as follows:
Senior aquasprint team:
- Tadgh Lennon ( 100 IM PB, 100 Fr PB )
- Cormac McMahon ( 50 Bf PB, 100 Fr PB )
- Aisling Duffy ( 100 Bc PB, 100 Fr PB )
- Sean McConnon ( 100 Fr PB )
- Isabelle Burke ( 100 Bs PB, 100 Fr)
Good performances and great effort was shown by these swimmers. Although they are still developing their swimming skills, all set up new PB’s and gained necessary racing environment experience.
Junior Squad team:
- Connor Curran ( 200 IM PB, 100 Bc PB, 100 Bs, 100 Fr )
- Darragh Hughes ( 50 Bf gold PB, 100 Bs gold PB, 100 Fr PB )
- Eanna Curran ( 50 Bf silver PB, 100 Bc PB)
- Alice Trainor ( 200 IM PB, 100 Bc PB, 100 Bs PB )
- Adam Lynch ( 200 IM, 100 Bc PB, 100 Bs, 100 Fr PB )
These swimmers delivered great performances for our Junior Squad, picking up 4 medals and massive PB’s. These swimmers have a strong desire to work hard during training and they want to race and win. There is still place for improving technique and skills.
- Oran O’Caolain ( 200 IM, 50 Bf, 100 Bc PB, 100 Fr PB )
- James Campbell ( 200 IM PB, 100 Fr PB )
- Ally McCarron ( 200 IM PB, 100 Bc PB, 100 Fr )
- Susie O’Flaherty ( 200 IM PB, 100 Bs PB, 100 Fr PB )
- Katie Trainor ( 200 IM PB, 100 Bc, 100 Bs, )and
- Hannah Sheridan ( 200 IM PB, 100 Bc, 100 Bs PB, 100 Fr )
- Rebekah Gillis ( 200 IM PB, 100 Bc bronze )
- Ellen McGeogh ( 200 IM PB, 100 Bc, 100 Bs PB,)
- Sheenagh McKenna ( 200 IM, 100 Bc, 100 Fr )
- Hannah Skeath ( 200 IM PB, 100 Bc PB, 100 Bs, 100 Fr)
The swimmers who achieved the standard of streamlining their head past the flags on their IM turns from this squad were;
- Connor Curran
- Hannah Sheridan
- Ellen McGeough
- Sheenagh McKenna
Well done to you all.
Another good performance from those swimmers. Some set up new PB’s, some not. They must realize that swimming demands a lot of work to be put in during everyday training, on all aspects of the skills. There is a direct connection between what they put into it and what they get out of it. Work harder, smarter, with application and daily training goals, to improve your PB’s and dreams.Going through the motions is not a recipe for success.